Chicago’s Ruido Fest announces 2023 lineup

Kali+Uchis+performs+live+in+2017.+

Photo courtesy of Alice / Umusic

Kali Uchis performs live in 2017.

By Kiran Bond, buzz Editor

Latin alternative music festival Ruido Fest has announced its 2023 lineup, which includes headliners Kali Uchis and Juanes. The festival will be at the Chicagoland Fairgrounds on Aug. 19 and Aug. 20. 

Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. CDT on Thursday, May 4. 

Other artists performing on Saturday include Alemán, División Minúscula, Jumbo, Prayers, Niko Rubio, Conexión Divina, Loyal Lobos, Los Cogelones, Vondré, Santrio and Favelas. 

Sunday’s lineup includes Los Bunkers, Sabrina Claudio, Allison, The Warning, Astronomía Interior, Silverio, Los Rakas, Amandititita, Wiplash, Ladrones and Si Dios Quiere.  

Uchis, Saturday’s headliner, released her well-received debut album “Por Vida” in 2018. In 2021, Uchis released her hit single “Telepatía” and also hits like “After The Storm” and “Melting.” 

Sunday’s headliner is Juanes, a Colombian musician that used to be a member of the rock band Ekhymosis, but is now pursuing a solo career. Juanes’ popular tracks include “Besos En Guerra,” “Es Por Ti” and a feature on Logic’s “1-800-273-8255.”

Ruido Fest will be located in the Chicagoland Fairgrounds within the Little Village Community Area.

The venue is within walking distance of stops on the L’s Pink Line and Orange Line and is also accessible by CTA bus. Parking will be provided and is $10. 

New this year, Ruido Fest is offering an artist merchandise signing tent available to all festival attendees. 

The festival is also offering a full Lucha Libre ring performance. 

Ruido Fest is offering two upgraded ticket options: VIP and ULTRA. Both passes are exclusively for patrons 21 years and older. 

VIP provides extra benefits like a VIP lounge, VIP viewing areas, discounted drinks, one re-entry per day, an express gate entrance, discounted water and air conditioned restrooms. 

The ULTRA pass provides all of the VIP benefits plus fastlane access to the merchandise signing tent, unlimited re-entry, an open bar and taco dinner in the exclusive ULTRA lounge and stage front viewing areas for both stages. 

More information can be found on ruidofest.com