Canopy Club set to host Party 101 Legends tour with Matt Bennett

By Maaike Niekerk, Summer Editor

Matt Bennett, popular star of hit Nickelodeon tv show “Victorious,” announced on Wednesday that he will be performing at the Canopy Club in Urbana on September 15 as a part of his Party 101 Legends tour.

The show is one of 36 planned stops around the United States, as Bennett will be DJing various clubs with some special guests along the way throughout this coming fall.

Bennet announced the tour over Instagram with a video describing the event as a “mind-blowing musical journey through the ages.”

The post received positive comments from fellow “Victorious” stars Victoria Justice and Daniella Monet.

Bennett has primarily worked as an actor, but has recently moved towards a career in DJing. He is mostly known for his lead role as Robbie Shapiro in “Victorious,” but has also had big roles in films such as “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” and “The Stanford Prison Experiment.”

Several clips from Bennett’s previous string of performances, the Party 101 tour, have gone viral on TikTok. Videos show Bennett blasting hits from the show “Victorious” and bringing guests such as other stars from the show, out on stage.

Canopy Club described the event over social media as a chance to “celebrate the Nickelodeon and Disney Channel of your youth.”

Erin Constantine, a DJ and host of Sirius XM BPM, will be performing at Canopy Club along with Bennett in September. 

Tickets for the event will go on sale on the Canopy Club website tomorrow at 10am.