ODESZA headlines Lollapalooza night 3 with impressive visual set

Jacob Slabosz
The duo ODESZA, made up of Harrison Mills (left) and Clayton Knight (right), perform on the T-Mobile stage at Lollapalooza on Saturday. The show featured heavy use of lights, lasers, fire and smoke.

Click here to view the photo gallery.

ODESZA, an electronic music duo, closed out Lollapalooza day three at the T-Mobile stage with a DJ set of electronic music and impressive visuals. The set had pyrotechnics, fireworks, fog, many flashing lights and several guest appearances. 

ODESZA is made up of members Harrison Mills, known as Catacombkid, and Clayton Knight, known as BeachesBeaches. The duo formed in 2012, shortly before the two graduated from Western Washington University. 

The opening song of the set began with a several minute long intro, building the momentum for the true beginning of the song. Once the track was in full swing, pyrotechnics and fireworks went off. 

The set also featured a trombone player and a drumline. 

The very large crowd was visibly enjoying the set, with attendees dancing and singing along. 

ODESZA brought out several guests, including violinist Sudan Archives, songwriter Naomi Wild and singer-songwriter Izzy Bizu. Each was on for one song. 

The entirety of ODESZA’s set had constant and impressive visuals. 

Carefully curated visuals appeared on the screens, intertwined with shots of the DJ on stage and the guests. 

The stage lights were also a large part of the set, flashing and changing colors rapidly, with different color schemes for each song. 

The pyrotechnics and fireworks were also impressive. They were synced to the music and would deploy with the beat of the song, and the fire even moved at times. 

ODESZA’s set was very high-energy and kept the crowd dancing and cheering for the entirety of the performance. The lights from the set reflected on the buildings surrounding Grant Park, and could be seen as far as a mile away.