UPDATE: Spring Jam moved indoors to State Farm Center

James Hoeck
Concert attendees pull out their phones as a Boogie Wit Da Hoodie’s set begins at the State Fam Center on Sept. 9. NLE Choppa’s Spring Jam set will be moved to the State Farm Center.

The University’s annual Spring Jam concert, featuring rapper NLE Choppa this year, has officially been moved indoors to State Farm Center.

The news was announced in a press release sent by Student Affairs at the Illini Union this afternoon. 

“To ensure the safety of all participants and attendees against risks posed by forecasted inclement weather and wind gusts in excess of 40 mph, Spring Jam will now be held indoors at State Farm Center,” the release said.

The concert will remain at its scheduled start time of 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, with doors opening at 1:00 p.m. According to the release, attendees with early access wristbands will be allowed to enter at 1:00 p.m., and general admission will follow at 1:15 p.m.

The release also stated that the State Farm Center has a list of prohibited items, which includes backpacks, bags, purses, signs, umbrellas, food, drink and more. A complete list of all prohibited items can be found here. An i-card is required for entry.

UPDATE: April 28, 1:43 p.m.

State Farm Center announced in an Instagram post Sunday afternoon that this year’s Spring Jam performance will be delayed due to “an unexpected air travel disruption affecting the artist’s arrival time.”

Rapper NLE Choppa’s performance is still set to be held at the State Farm Center at 3 p.m.

UPDATE: April 28, 3:38 p.m.

NLE Choppa’s performance has been further postponed to 4 p.m.