Lollapalooza day 4 recap

James Hoeck
Crowd at the Coinbase gets hyped as they raise their hands and voices prior to The Backseat Lovers set on Sunday night.

The last day of Lollapalooza, though cloudy and rainy, delivered a strong lineup that closed out the festival on a positive note. 

The day’s most notable performances included Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lana Del Rey, Louis The Child, L’Impératrice, The Backseat Lovers and Alan Walker. 

The ground within Grant Park was very wet from over 24 hours of on-and-off rain, resulting in mud patches so bad in some places that mulch had to be brought in. Festival-goers were seen with muddy shoes and pants, but that didn’t stop anyone from enjoying all of the music the festival had to offer.

The Happy Fits delivered a very energetic rock performance at the Coinbase stage at 1:45p.m. The band’s 45-minute set brought smiles to their large crowd, as they got their audience moving with hits such as “Little Ones” and “Best Tears.”

UPSAHL played an impressive set to open the Bud Light stage for Sunday. The singer, most well-known for her TikTok hit song “Drugs,” performed for 45 minutes in on-and-off spitting rain. 

UPSAHL also sat down with The Daily Illini to discuss her song creation process, her Lollapalooza set and more. Read the interview here

Lil Yachty gave an hour-long rap performance at the Bud Light stage at 4:45p.m. The rapper played his most popular hits such as “Broccoli,” “I Spy” and “Poland.” Lil Yachty also got fans dancing with some songs from his newest album “Let’s Start Here.” Read about the set here.

Joey Bada$$ took the Tito’s Handmade Vodka stage for an upbeat set at 5:45p.m, directly following Lil Yachty. The rapper gave several nods to late rappers such as XXXTentacion and Juice WRLD, and was joined by special guest Chance the Rapper towards the end of his performance. Read about the performance here.

Claire Rosinkranz joined Louis The Child as a surprise guest for their 8:45 p.m. set closing out the Perry’s stage. Rosinkranz chatted with The Daily Illini about her career and unique position as a 19-year-old musician. Read about it here.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers gave a high-energy headlining set to close out T-Mobile stage at 8:30 p.m. The set featured many instrumentals, showcasing the strong talent of the band’s guitarist, bassist and drummer. 

The band played many well-known hits like “Californication,” “Can’t Stop” and “Give It Away.” 

Lana Del Rey finished off the night by playing to an enormous crowd at the Bud Light stage at 8:30p.m. The 90-minute performance included everything from all of the artist’s biggest hits to spending time with fans in the crowd.