UI to waive COVID-19 testing for vaccinated individuals

Cameron Krasucki

A Carle pharmacist writes the date on Moderna vaccine labels at the Church of the Living God on Feb. 20. The University will begin to waive Covid-19 testing for vaccinated individuals starting in the fall.

By Alex Chang, Staff Writer

The University announced on Thursday that fully vaccinated individuals will be able to waive testing if they provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, e.g. a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, to McKinley Health Center.

The waiving of tests is expected to begin sometime before August 23, the first day of instruction for fall 2021. However, waiving of tests could possibly start sometime this summer, according to the Massmail.

For now, individuals are encouraged to upload photos of their vaccination cards to their MyMcKinley Portal.

After logging in to MyMcKinley, the upload page can be found under the forms section of the website header, titled COVID-19 Vaccine Record Consent.

After uploading, the University will verify the individual’s vaccination status, and verified individuals will no longer require testing in order to comply with COVID-19 testing compliance and building access.

International students with vaccination records printed in languages other than English will need an official English translation of their records in order to be eligible for upload.

Students who received both doses of vaccines at CRCE have their information entered automatically, and do not need to upload any documentation.

Full vaccination status is defined as 14 days after receiving either the second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or the first dose of the Johnson & Johnson Janssen vaccine, in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendation.

The University stresses that despite being cleared for testing, all other precautions such as wearing masks and social distancing still apply to fully vaccinated individuals.