Living on campus is easy with Green Street

Green Street is home to many campus amenities. You can find anything from ice cream, coffee and crepes to tattoo parlors, bars and bookstores. Among the new additions to Green Street are Chipotle, Noodles and Co., Potbelly, Coldstone Creamery and Starbuck Shira Weissman

By Shira Weissman

When you drive down Neil Street and turn onto Green Street there is a sign that says “Welcome to Campustown.”

Just past this sign, for about a mile on Green Street, you can find almost everything you will need to survive on campus – from restaurants and coffee shops to tattoo parlors and clothing stores.

Wandering Green Street now is much different than it was a few years ago.

“When I got to campus my freshman year there was no Starbucks, Potbelly, Chipotle or Coldstone,” said alumna Lisa Caro. “Freshmen are in for a real treat, they will have a taste of home at school that we never had.”

One of the most popular things on and around Green Street are the bars. There is a bar for every type of person.

Whether you want to sit, relax, and talk with friends at Murphys, Legends or Whitehorse or dance the night away at Joe’s, Brother’s, Station or Firehaus, you’ll quickly find your area in Campustown.

Also on Green Street are all types of food from a variety of cultures – Asian, Mexican, Italian, American and a variety of pizza and sub places, as well as several coffee shops and ice cream joints.

As wireless Internet has become popular, shops on Green Street have adapted to entice customers to come do homework and study at their shops.

Some of the places that have wireless internet include, Coldstone Creamery, Starbucks, and Bar Guiliani.

If you are living in an apartment on campus and don’t have a laundry machine, you can check out the Skylight Launderette at 410 E. Green St. in the Skylight Court.

Also in Skylight Court you will find the Art Coop, where you can get all your art supplies for that special scrapbook or for posters for your room.

If you don’t have a car and are in need of groceries you need only look as far as Walgreen’s, 407 E. Green St.

At Walgreen’s you can get everything from groceries to toiletries as well as getting pictures developed from that party last weekend.

If you are busy studying and don’t have time to lay out, you have several tanning salons to choose from including Solar Tan, Campus Tan, Ultimate Tan and New Image Tanning.

If you are looking for a place to work out, then the Mettler Center at 616 E. Green St. is for you. The center provides person training as well as many group fitness classes.

Video game junkie? Green Street as a place for you as well. EB Games is right next to the Mettler Center.

No matter who you are or where you have come from to go to school, there is something for you on Green Street, so get out of your residence hall or apartment and check it out. u