Police blotter

By Danielle Gaines

• A 26-year-old man was arrested for possession of cannabis outside IHOP, 308 E. Green St., early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, the offender was sitting in a car with the odor of cannabis emanating from it.

• A 20-year-old man reported burglary from his motor vehicle and criminal damage to property at the 300 block of East White Street Saturday afternoon.

According to a police report, a disk player, amp, two subwoofers and their boxes were taken. A window on the vehicle was also broken.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 21-year-old man reported criminal damage to property at the 500 block of South First Street Saturday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect broke the rear windshield wiper off of his vehicle.

• A 21-year-old man reported theft of motor vehicle parts at the 200 block of South Sixth Street Saturday evening.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect stole the front license plate.

• A 20-year-old man was arrested for robbery at the 400 block of East Green Street Thursday night.

According to a police report, the man took a 21-year-old woman’s purse. When he was later located, he was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia.

• Two 21-year-old men and a 24-year-old Bloomington, Ill., man were arrested for throwing dangerous materials at the 100 block of East Green Street on June 1.

According to a police report, the men were throwing water balloons from their seventh floor balcony. n A 21-year-old woman reported armed robbery at the zero block of East Main Street Friday night.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect took currency and the woman’s cell phone.

• A 37-year-old man was arrested for driving without a license at the 1000 block of South Sixth Street, early Friday morning.

According to a police report, the man was stopped after he was seen driving the wrong direction on Sixth Street. He was also cited for having no proof of insurance and improper lane usage.

• A 21-year-old man was arrested on two City of Champaign warrants at the 100 block of West Oregon Street early Friday morning.

According to a police report, the man was stopped after officers saw him skateboarding past barricades into a construction area. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.

• A 23-year-old homeless man was arrested on charges of possession of stolen property and of a controlled substance early Monday morning.

According to a police report, an officer stopped the man for riding a bicycle without a headlight in a traffic lane on South Sixth Street. He told police that he had just taken the bicycle from racks outside a nearby apartment building. During the stop, officers found a plastic bag containing a powdery substance that was believed to be cocaine.

• A 21-year-old man was arrested on a charge of DUI and DUI with a breath alcohol content over .08 early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, the man was stopped for going 42 mph in a 30 mph zone on Springfield Avenue. The man also was cited for possession of drug equipment after police found a glass pipe inside a computer bag in the car’s trunk.

Compiled by Danielle Gaines