Odds ‘n’ Ends: Rugby player failed to notice tooth in his forehead for three months

BRISBANE, Australia – Rugby player Ben Czislowski kept competing for more than three months despite the headaches that started after a clash with an opponent.

Czislowski was playing for Brisbane team Wynnum during the April 1 incident involving Tweed Heads forward Matt Austin. He had a head wound stitched up afterward.

Czislowski later suffered an eye infection and complained of lethargy and shooting pains in his head.

Then last week, his doctor found a tooth imbedded in Czislowski’s head.

“I can laugh about it now, but the doctor told me it could have been serious, with teeth carrying germs,” Czislowski said. “I’ve got the tooth at home, sitting on the bedside table,” he said. “If he (Austin) wants it back he can have it. I’m keeping it at the moment as proof that it actually happened.”

Tourist files complaint with police after monkey steals his eyeglasses

LUCKNOW, India – A South Korean tourist has filed a formal complaint against a monkey he says stole his reading glasses during his visit to the Hindu holy city of Varanasi in northern India.

Kim Dang Hoon says he opened his hotel room window for fresh air when the monkey made his move.

“He headed straight to the table where my glasses were kept and took it away,” Kim said in the statement.

Part of the frame later was recovered by hotel staff and Kim said he filed the report so he can make a damages claim on his travel insurance.Thousands of wild monkeys roam Varanasi, dotting the trees on the banks of the Ganges River and scampering through the city’s many temples, where they are venerated as manifestations of the Hindu monkey god Hanuman.

On Tuesday, police combed Varanasi’s alleys searching for the monkey.

“It is difficult to trace the monkey but I am trying my best to locate the rogue,” investigating officer Inspector Govind Singh said.

Problems with monkeys harassing tourists in the city are common, Singh said.

“But we can’t do anything. We cannot shoot them or beat them as Hindus worship monkeys,” he said.

From Associated Press reports