Police blotter

By Danielle Gaines

• A 23-year-old man was arrested for resisting an officer and improper walking on a roadway at the 700 block of South Fifth Street early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the man was walking in the roadway and would not cooperate with officers.

• Retail theft was reported at Hometown Pantry, 601 E. Green St., Wednesday night.

According to a police report, an unknown man entered the building, concealed a bottle of wine and left.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 20-year-old woman reported burglary from her motor vehicle at the 800 block of South Fifth Street, Thursday evening.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect entered the woman’s unlocked vehicle and stole a laptop, MP3 player, cash, duffle bag, clothing and a Bible.

• A 22-year-old man reported criminal damage to property at the 1000 block of South Second Street, Sunday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect broke the driver’s window of the victim’s vehicle with a beer bottle.

• Papa John’s reported theft from a motor vehicle at the 100 block of East Green Street, early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect stole a sign from a delivery car while it was parked in the Papa John’s parking lot.

• A 19-year-old man was arrested for multiple infractions at the 300 block of South Second Street, Sunday evening.

According to a police report, the man forced his way into an apartment and assaulted a person inside with a knife and a screwdriver. The man later burned holes in the apartment owner’s couch during the altercation.

The man was arrested for assault, trespass to a residence and disorderly conduct.

• A 26-year-old Rantoul, Ill., woman was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed and causing an accident involving non-injury at the intersection of University and Lincoln avenues Saturday night.

According to a police report, the woman caused a traffic accident and admitted to drinking alcohol before driving. She showed signs of impairment during sobriety tests. The woman also admitted to smoking marijuana earlier in the day.

Compiled by Danielle Gaines