Celebrities who visited campus in 2022

Logan Hodson

Rapper Ludacris performs at State Farm Center on Oct. 15 for the “Ludacris is Coming Home” concert.

By Features Staff

Steve Burns:

The American actor and TV host famous for his work on the hit Nickelodeon program “Blue’s Clues,” attended the Illini Union as a guest speaker. The packed Union hall had costumed students and fans excited to hear from the TV star who stood as an iconic piece of many Gen Z childhoods.

Yung Gravy:

All aboard the gravy train! Next stop: Champaign. State Farm Center, usually home to the Illini basketball team, became home to a different type of player for April’s Spring Jam — Minnesota rapper and self-proclaimed MILF-connoisseur Yung Gravy. The rapper is known for songs such as “Gravy Train,” “Mr. Clean” and “oops!”

Stanley Hudson and Meredith Palmer:

Students and fans alike gathered at Foellinger Auditorium to see two of Michael Scott’s employees from “The Office”: Stanley Hudson and Meredith Palmer.

Neon Trees:

As a new addition to the University’s Homecoming Week celebrations, Utah rock band Neon Trees illuminated State Farm Center with a colorful concert.

Ludacris:

Local residents and students alike gathered at State Farm Center to attend the “Ludacris is Coming Home” concert which was held during Homecoming Week.

John Quiñones:

ABC news correspondent and “What Would You Do?” show host, John Quiñones, visited the Illini Union to share his story and answer questions from students and fans of the show.