Police Blotter 6-17-2009

• A 50-year-old woman was arrested at the 600 block of South Crescent, Friday morning. According to the police report, an officer observed the suspect unloading bags of garbage from her vehicle and throwing them into the apartment complex dumpster. The woman was issued a notice to appear in court for disposal on other’s property.
  • A 20-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Springfield Avenue and Lynn Street, Saturday night. According to the police report, an officer heard loud music coming from a vehicle over 75 feet away and issued the man a citation for unnecessary vehicular noise.
  • A 46-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Clock and Garwood streets, Sunday morning. According to the police report, the man was stopped for improper display of plates and was arrested on charges of no insurance, driving with a suspended driver’s license, and driving without a license at all.
  • A 20-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Church Street and Russell Street, Sunday night. According to the police report, the man was stopped for speeding and was arrested for driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, and speeding.
  • Residential burglary was reported at the 900 block of West Vine, Thursday night. According to the police report, an unknown offender kicked open the victim’s garage door and stole fireworks, a paintball gun and a circular saw.
  • An 18-year-old man was arrested at the 1200 block of Paula Drive, Sunday night.—linebreak—According to the police report, the man was issued a city citation to appear in court for unnecessary vehicular noise.

• A 22-year-old man and a 24-year-old man were arrested at the 1000 block of West Green Street, early Tuesday morning. According to the police report, an officer observed the two offenders urinating in public and they were both arrested.
  • Two 19-year-old men were arrested at the 1100 block of Scovill, early Sunday morning. According to the police report, the offenders were standing outside the victim’s house yelling and screaming, which disturbed at least five people. Both offenders were arrested for disorderly conduct.

• A 56-year-old man was arrested at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., Monday morning. According to the police report, the man was arrested on charges of trespass to state-supported property.
  • Theft was reported at the 4100 block of South First Street, between 5:30 p.m. Sunday and 7:30 a.m. Monday. According to the police report, a tent worth $200 was stolen from a backyard residence.

Complied by Melissa Silverberg