Police Blotter 11-30-2009

A 25-year-old woman reported theft at JC Penney, 2000 N. Neil St., on Nov. 23.

According to the police report, a female offender stole a jacket from the business and escaped from loss prevention staff members. The offender was not located at the time of the report.

A 54-year-old woman reported motor vehicle theft at the 1000 block of West Harvard Street on Nov. 24.

According to the police report, an 18-year-old man stole her vehicle and then was involved in an accident.

Disorderly conduct was reported at American Red Cross, 404 Ginger Bend Drive, on Nov. 24.

According to the police report, an unknown offender had been calling the business and verbally abusing the staff.

A 66-year-old man reported armed robbery and aggravated robbery at Garwood and Champaign streets on Nov. 25.

According to the police report, the victim was stopped on his bike by a group of young males who offered to sell him drugs. The victim declined and was beaten and robbed.

Burglary and criminal damage to property was reported at J&J; General Auto Repairs, 2714 N. Mattis Ave., on Nov. 16.

According to the police report, an unknown offender attempted to gain entry into the business by prying off the handle and locking mechanism on the back door.

A 25-year-old woman reported burglary at the 1100 block of Austin Drive on Thursday.

According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s home through an unlocked window. The offender broke a bed, but nothing else appeared to have been disturbed.

Armed robbery and aggravated battery was reported at Marathon, 508 S. Vine St., on Friday.

According to the police report, three unknown offenders displayed a firearm and forcefully took property from the business. Both victims were battered and their personal property was stolen.

Burglary and criminal damage to property were reported at the Harding Band Building, 1103 S. Sixth St., on Nov. 24.

According to the police report, many doors were forced open or damaged and a DVD player was stolen. At least six doors were damaged in an apparent attempt to gain entry. Damage to the doors was estimated at $50 and the DVD player was valued at $50.

Theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library Information Center, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., on Nov. 23.

According to the police report, an electronic music player worth $320 was stolen.

Compiled by Alexis Pope