Police Blotter: 03-18-2010

A 21-year-old man was arrested at the 1500 block of North Prospect Avenue on Sunday afternoon.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license and driving an uninsured motor vehicle.

Theft was reported at Central High School, 600 W. University Ave., on Sunday morning.

According to the police report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s rings from her locker.

A 34-year-old man was arrested at the 400 block of West Washington Street on Saturday morning.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested for driving with a suspended driver’s license.

Residential burglary and motor vehicle theft were reported at the 800 block of South New Street on Monday morning.

According to the police report, officials were called as the burglary was taking place. The offender stole several electronic items from the victim’s residence and then used the victim’s truck to get away. Police located the truck and the offender, and the stolen property was recovered.

Fraud was reported at the 2000 block of West Springfield Avenue on Monday afternoon.

According to the police report, an unknown offender made unauthorized withdrawals from the victim’s bank account.

A 46-year-old man was arrested at the 1100 block of West Hill Street on Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, the offender got angry at an employee of an auto parts store and set off a bottle rocket in the store.

A 19-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of Fifth and Grove streets on March 9.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested for driving without a valid license.

Aggravated battery was reported at Carle Foundation Hospital, 611 W. Park St., on Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, the offender battered the victim after the victim kept the offender from pulling an IV out of her neck.

A 25-year-old man was arrested at Zeta Tau Alpha, 1404 S. Lincoln Ave., on Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, the offender was arrested on charges of trespassing after entering the abandoned building without the owner’s consent for the purpose of sleeping there.

Compiled by Payal Shukla