Police Blotter 08-26-2010

• An armed robbery occurred at the 2200 block of North Prospect Avenue on Wednesday.
  • According to the report, the male suspect approached the business’s window and demanded cash from the clerk. The suspect implied he was armed but the clerk did not give the money to him. The suspect then left the area.
  • Residential burglary occurred at the 300 block of East Armory Street on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown suspect entered the victim’s room and stole a purse.
  • A victim lost her articles at the 600 block of East University Avenue on Monday. According to the report, the woman lost her ATM card.
  • A 39-year-old woman was arrested at the 1200 block of North Prospect Avenue on Friday. According to the report, the woman was arrested for an in-state warrant.
  • A 51-year-old man was arrested at the 1800 block of West Springfield Avenue on Friday. According to the report, the man was arrested for an in-state warrant.

• Residential burglary occurred at the 1900 block of North Lincoln Avenue on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked apartment and stole multiple items.
  • Theft under $300 occurred at the 900 block of West Springfield Avenue on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender took the victim’s bike from an apartment parking lot.
  • Theft under $300 occurred at the 200 block of North Broadway Avenue on Tuesday. According to the report, the police believe the unknown offender was trying to steal a pipe.
  • Deceptive practices were reported at the 600 block of West Stoughton Street on Tuesday. According to the report, the unknown offender acted as an acquaintance of the victim and sent her an e-mail requesting $500 be sent by a money transfer service. The victim later found out her e-mail account had been hacked. The money was picked up in London.

• A 22-year-old man was arrested at the 500 block of South Neil Street on Tuesday. According to the report, the man was arrested for obstructing justice in two previous cases.