Governor candidate to meet students at coffee shops on campus

Back to Article
Back to Article

Students walking in front of Espresso Royale, located at 1117 W. Oregon St. in Urbana.

Adam Zhang

Adam Zhang

Adam Zhang

Daniel Biss, candidate for Governor, will be stopping at four coffee shops on campus Tuesday to promote his candidacy.

He will be at Espresso Royale on Daniel Street from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., at Brewlab Coffee from noon to 12:30 p.m., at Caffe Paradiso from 1 to 1:30 p.m. and at Espresso Royale on Oregon from 2 to 2:30 p.m.

Manager for the Champaign-Urbana campaign office and President of Illini for Biss Sullivan Peterson-Quinn said the purpose of the coffee shop stops is for Biss to meet students and discuss important topics like higher education, healthcare and skyrocketing tuition.

“Daniel Biss is taking the student vote seriously,” Peterson-Quinn said. “We think he is a candidate for the students and wants to hear them out.”

Biss has been advertising at these popular student locations for a week and rented out the spaces for students to ask questions and concerns, Peterson-Quinn said.

“We’re stopping at these coffee shops because they’re really student oriented and going during rush hour will attract students to get to know Senator Biss,” Peterson added.

Tuesday is the first day of early voting on campus. Top priority voting is in room 213 at Illini Union from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.