Police Blotter

By Whitney Trumble

An unknown person stole five handguns and two gun cases from a 44-year-old man at the 1300 block of Briarwood Drive.

According to a police report, earplugs and eyeglasses were also stolen. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

A man with a handgun robbed Jimmy John’s, 1511 N. Prospect Ave., on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the man demanded money from a store clerk who was taking out the trash. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

A 35-year-old woman’s watch and wallet were stolen at the 1100 block of West Columbia Avenue on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the items were stolen when someone entered the woman’s unlocked vehicle and residence. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

Five boys stole nine DVDs from Wal-Mart, 913 W. Marketview Dr., on Sunday.

According to a police report, the boys removed the DVDs from their packaging and then concealed them. The boys were given juvenile appointment dates and released to their guardians.

An unknown person stole a DVD player, five books, six bottles of water, 20 CDs and Sony Playstation equipment from a 27-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman at the 400 block of West Church Street on Oct. 6.

According to a police report, the victims’ apartment was forcibly entered. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

A 21-year-old man’s bicycle was stolen at the 300 block of South Coler Avenue on Tuesday.

According to a police report, the bike was leaning against the man’s residence when it was stolen. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested for possession of cannabis and drug equipment at the 300 block of West Iowa Street on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the boy was standing in a group of children when an officer approached and detected the smell of burnt cannabis. No other arrests had been made at the time of the report.

An unknown person damaged a 79-year-old woman’s lawn chair at the 300 block of West Michigan Avenue on Oct. 30.

According to a police report, a part of the woman’s fence was also broken. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.

A 31-year-old Peoria man was struck on the head at a business at the 100 block of West University Avenue on Thursday.

According to a police report, the man instigated a verbal argument with another person in the business and then activated the hold- up alarm. During the argument the man was hit. No suspects had been located at the time of the report.