Police Blotter

By Nick Escobar

A 22-year-old man reported that someone broke a window to gain access to his apartment at the 700 block of Randolph Street on Tuesday.

According to a police report, the suspect stole cash from the apartment.

A 52-year-old woman reported that her vehicle and cell phone were stolen at the 500 block of Columbia Avenue on Wednesday.

According to a police report, both items were later returned to the victim.

A 38-year-old woman reported receiving threatening phone calls from an unknown offender Wednesday at the 2400 block of Morrissey Park Drive.

No arrests had been made at the time of this report.

A 15-year-old boy was arrested Wednesday at the 100 block of East Green Street.

According to a police report, the suspect tried to leave a store with goods he did not pay for.

A 47-year-old man was arrested at the Lincoln Square Mall, 300 S. Broadway Ave., on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the suspect violated a previous notice to not enter the mall. He was seen in the commons area not wearing pants.

A 51-year-old man was arrested at the 200 block of Vermont Street on Thursday.

According to a police report, the suspect tampered with several cars in the area. The suspect was located near the scene of the crimes. Upon arrest the suspect was found to be in possession of items from several cars. There were five in-state warrants out for his arrest.

A 42-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday at the 1200 block of East Florida Avenue for driving under the influence.

According to a police report, the suspect was found unconscious behind the wheel of a running vehicle. She was found to be in possession of suspected cannabis and prescription pills. Open liquor bottles were found in the vehicle and the suspect admitted to drinking.

A 17-year-old girl reported receiving a threatening phone call from a 19-year-old man at the 1200 block of West Florida Avenue on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the offender accused the victim of stealing his drugs.

A 21-year-old woman was robbed at gunpoint by an unknown suspect at the 1000 block of Colorado Avenue Thursday morning.

According to a police report, the victim went to visit a friend at an apartment complex. Upon discovering that her friend was not home, the victim returned to her car, where she was robbed.

A 24-year-old man reported deceptive practices at the 1000 block of South Smith Street Wednesday.

According to a police report, the victim ordered a computer off of Ebay.com on Jan. 1. When the victim received the computer he discovered that it contained nothing more than useless computer parts. The victim filed the report for Ebay purposes.

– Nick Escobar