Police Blotter

By Sharon Steed

• A 34-year-old man was battered by a 48-year-old Urbana man at the 300 block of East Green Street.

According to a police report, the suspect was located and issued a notice to appear in court.

• A 40-year-old Rantoul man and a 32-year-old woman were calling each other racists at the 1300 block of Curtis Street.

According to a police report, no arrests were made at the time.

• A 36-year-old Urbana man was stopped at the 700 block of North State Street for not having headlights on his bicycle.

According to a police report, no ticket was issued but he was issued a notice to appear in court for possession of cannabis.

• An unknown suspect attempted to kick in a 23-year-old woman’s door to her residence at the 200 block of Bellefontaine.

According to a police report, no entry was made and nothing was missing.

• A 21-year-old Park Ridge woman reported her vehicle was damaged while parked on the 700 block of West Elm.

According to a police report, no arrests had been made.

• A 43-year-old Tolono man was transported to Covenant Hospital by ambulance Saturday.

According to a police report, he was found profoundly intoxicated in Crystal Lake Park at the 100 block of West Park.

• A 20-year-old man reported he was battered by his roomate, a 23-year-old Urbana woman, at the 1300 block of Mitchem Sunday. They argued over bills and food, after which the woman attacked the man. They both received minor injuries and the offender was taken to jail.

– Sharon Steed