Police blotter

By Nick Escobar

A 30-year-old man and a 19-year-old man were arrested at the 200 block of West Clark Street early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the 30-year-old man struck an officer with his car. Upon arrest by the officer, the 19-year-old man interfered and was also arrested.

Two unknown males forced open a 30-year-old man’s apartment window at the intersection of West Vine and Prairie streets Friday morning.

According to a police report, the two men stole the resident’s laptop computer but discarded it outside of the man’s apartment.

A 20-year-old man was arrested on multiple charges at the 800 block of South Fifth Street early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the offender punched a window at the McKinley Foundation Church while being escorted out by security. The man was later found by police and charged with excessive noise and driving with a revoked/suspended drivers license. The man’s car was then towed by police and impounded.

A 25-year-old Chicago, Ill. man reported being followed by a group of men at the 200 block of North State Street last Sunday morning.

According to a police report, one of the offenders was carrying a baseball bat and threatened the man with it. One of the offenders is described as a 19-year-old Calumet City, Ill. man. No arrests have been made at the time of the report.

A 42-year-old man filed a police report against a 27-year-old male co-worker at the 100 block of West Windsor Road Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the 27-year-old man grabbed the 42-year-old man’s arm and would not let go until the victim pushed him away. The reported cause was that the victim would not tell the offender about an incident that took place earlier in the week.

A 30-year-old man reported two unknown suspects attempting to steal his bike at the intersection of South Lierman Avenue and Hunter Street Saturday night.

According to a police report, the offenders left when the man confronted them. The two offenders were reported as being around 19-years-old. No arrests have been made at the time of the report.

30-year-old woman reported both of her vehicles broken into at the 1500 block of Grove Street Saturday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered the woman’s cars and stole loose change. Both cars were reported locked and were located in her driveway at the time. No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

Two men were charged with animal cruelty at the 1000 block of North Lincoln Avenue Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the offenders left their dog locked in a van without food for several days. No arrests had been made at the time of the report.