Police blotter

By Erin Renzas

A 37-year-old man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance Saturday morning at the 1500 block of Hedge Court.

According to a police report, the suspect was found to be in possession of crack cocaine.

A 36-year-old Rantoul, Ill., man was arrested for cannabis possession early Friday at the 00 Block of East Beardsley Street.

According to a police report, officers observed a suspicious vehicle in a high-drug area. Officers made contact with the occupants of the vehicle and learned that the driver was wanted.

A 39-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct when he repeatedly pounded on the doors and windows of Nargile Lounge, 207 W. Clark St., early Saturday morning while the business was closing.

A 22-year-old Posen, Ill., man and a 20-year-old Robins, Ill., man were issued tickets for possession of cannabis Saturday morning at the 300 block of Green Street.

Three 21-year-old women reported that their apartment had been burglarized Saturday morning at the 100 block of E. Chalmers Street.

According to a police report, a television and several DVDs were stolen.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 21-year-old Rantoul, Ill., man was arrested for illegal transportation of liquor, cannabis possession, following too closely, and driving on a suspended driver’s license Saturday evening at the 700 block of University Avenue.

According to a police report, the man struck the rear of another vehicle.

A 18-year-old Pekin, Ill., man was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol when he was at fault for an automobile accident at the intersection of Goodwin Avenue and Nevada Street late Friday night.

According to a police report, there was a strong odor of alcohol detected when the officer made contact with the offender. His eyes were bloodshot and his speech was slurred. The offender admitted to being under the influence.

A 46-year-old man was arrested for unlawful use of weapons, reckless discharge of a firearm, possession of stolen property, possession of a controlled substance and disorderly conduct at the 00 block of Hill Street early Saturday.

According to a police report, the offender exited his residence and displayed the firearm. The man fired one shot into the air and went back inside. During a sweep of the residence, several firearms and ammunition were found. One of the firearms was found to be stolen. Drug contraband was also found.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested for transporting open liquor in a motor vehicle Friday night at the 1000 of West University Avenue.

According to a police report, officers received a report of open alcohol in the vehicle. When the officers made contact with the offender, she was found in possession of an open bottle of beer.

An unknown offender intentionally set fire to a stairwell at a building belonging to a 44-year-old Champaign man at the intersection of Colorado and Cottage Grove Avenues Saturday evening.