Kabbalah lecture hits UI

By Kalari Girtley

World-renowned Laibl Wolf, master of Kabbalah, is set to be on campus Thursday, lecturing on man, woman and Kabbalah.

In a phone interview, Rabbi Dovid Tiechtel of the Chabad Jewish Center said this lecture is going to be a great event and experience for students. He said this is the second time that Wolf has been on the campus, and his lecture is sure to be a good treat for the audience.

“In a nut shell, the lecture is going to be about Kabbalah of intimacy, commitment and world of user-friendly relationships,” Tiechtel said.

He said the room was filed over capacity when Wolf came to speak last year. He said the demand for Wolf was high this year, and this is why they had to bring him back to the campus.

“People can expect hands-on meditation exercises and a visual power point presentation,” Tiechtel said.

Tiechtel said Wolf is known worldwide, and he is always traveling, so it was a treat to get him to come to this campus. He said Wolf has a wide-ranging knowledge of all foreign eastern religions, and he is widely respected.

“People like his style of open mindedness, and he is open to conversation of any type,” Tiechtel said.

He said after the lecture, he would have a book signing, where people can come up to him and talk with him.

The lecture will start at 7 p.m. and be held in room 150 of the Animal Science building. Tiechtel said he would like everyone to come out and hear Wolf speak on Kabbalah.

“Students are going to enjoy and appreciate this program, and it is free,” Tiechtel said.