Police blotter

By Dan Shah

Two 22-year-old men were arrested for aggravated battery at the 700 block of South Sixth Street at The Clybourne, 708 S. Sixth St., early Thursday morning.

According to a police report, a 20-year-old man, a 21-year-old man, and a 25-year-old man were battered inside the bar. The suspects were arrested and the victims were transported to a hospital.

A 21-year-old man reported burglary from his vehicle at the 800 block of South Mattis Avenue on Monday.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect stole stereo and stereo components while the car was parked in a parking garage.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 27-year-old man reported burglary from his residence at the 100 block of East Stoughton Street early Thursday morning.

According to a police report, the victim reported a knife and two cameras missing.

An 18-year-old woman reported robbery at the 100 block of East Daniel Street early Thursday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown male suspect grabbed the woman’s purse and then drove off in a vehicle. The woman was dragged approximately five to ten feet until she let go of the purse.

A 17-year-old man was arrested for criminal damage to property and aggravated battery at the 900 block of South Lierman Avenue on Wednesday.

According to a police report, the man and a 41-year-old man got into an argument and a physical altercation ensued. After they were separated, the offender returned and damaged the victim’s property.

A 22-year-old man reported burglary from his storage room at the 700 block of West Elm Street on Wednesday.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect forced entry into the storage room and stole four rifles.

A 41-year-old man and 40-year-old woman were arrested for possessing controlled substances and drug equipment at the 1900 block of North Cunningham Avenue late Tuesday night.

According to a police report, officers located a wanted subject inside a hotel room. The subject had freshly used drug equipment in his pocket. The woman consented to search of her purse, which contained suspected crack cocaine.

A man reported theft at Campus Recreation Center East, 1102 W. Gregory Dr., late Wednesday night.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect burglarized the man’s locker and removed a vest, sweatshirt, wallet and cell phone.

A man reported a theft at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., on Wednesday evening.

According to a police report, the man reported that a Palm Pilot was stolen from his backpack after he left it at the Union.

McKinley Health Center, 1109 S. Lincoln Ave., reported criminal damage to property on Monday.

According to a police report, two windows were broken with a rock some time between Saturday and Monday.