Police Blotter

By Dan Shah

A 22-year-old man was arrested for retail theft at Gordman’s, 1901 N. Market St., on Sunday.

According to a police report, the suspect stole several bottles of cologne and was stopped by loss prevention.

A 38-year-old man reported theft from his residence at the 100 block of Kenwood Street on Sunday.

According to a police report, the man met two unknown females outside of an area bar. They then returned to the man’s apartment and partied. The man later noticed a series of checks missing.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 19-year-old man reported aggravated battery at the intersection of Green and Fifth Streets early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, two suspects jumped out of a vehicle and battered the man after accusing the man of hitting their car with an object. One of the suspects struck the man on the back of the head with a glass bottle causing a laceration.

A 22-year-old man reported aggravated robbery at the 300 block of North Wright Street on Sunday.

According to a police report, the man was walking home and was attacked by an unknown suspect and his wallet was stolen. The man was treated at the hospital for facial lacerations.

A 23-year-old woman was arrested for filing a false report at the 1200 block of East Florida Avenue on Friday.

According to a police report, the woman stated that her former boyfriend stole money from her. The woman later admitted that she lied to the officers about her former boyfriend taking the money.

n A 44-year-old man was arrested for assault and disorderly conduct at the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the man was heavily intoxicated and was involved in physical altercation with a 28-year-old woman and 36-year-old man. When the police arrived the man battered a police officer. The man was subdued by officers.

A 20-year-old man was arrested for harassment by telephone at the 700 block of West Ohio Street early Friday.

According to a police report, the man left a 20-year-old woman an obscene telephone message containing explicit sexual content. The man was located and arrested.

A 20-year-old man was arrested for liquor possession by a minor at the 700 block of South Goodwin Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the man threw a snowball at an Urbana marked squad car. When the officer spoke with the man, an odor of an alcoholic beverage could be detected from his breath.