Police Blotter

By Sky Opila

Police

A 22-year-old man was arrested for several charges at the 1200 block of West Bradley Avenue late Monday evening.

According to a police report, police stopped the man for a traffic citation when he fled on foot. He was later located by police and was discovered to have a bag of suspected cannabis, and a rolled cigar containing suspected cannabis. Upon later inspection, police discovered a second bag of suspected cannabis inside his vehicle. Another passenger also fled the scene, but was never located by police.

A 20-year-old man reported his car had been burglarized while parked at the 900 block of West Beardsley Avenue early Monday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender stole the man’s car stereo.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

A 71-year-old woman reported someone had burglarized her vehicle while parked at the 100 block of West Water Street late Monday night.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered the woman’s unlocked and unattended vehicle and stole her knit gloves.

A 65-year-old man reported criminal damage at his residence at the 600 block of West Main Street late Monday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender damaged the concrete alongside the man’s driveway.

A 34-year-old woman reported criminal damage to her vehicle at the 400 block of North Race Street early Monday evening.

According to a police report, an unknown offender threw a brick through the woman’s driver side window.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested for disorderly conduct and battery at Geos, 604 N. Cunningham Ave., late Sunday night.

According to a police report, the woman was acting in an alarming manner and asked to leave by employees. However, she came back later, continued to act the same way and battered three victims.

A 25-year-old woman reported her wallet stolen at the 1400 block of West Park Avenue Monday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender stole the woman’s wallet from her purse and used her credit card to make fraudulent purchases.

A 20-year-old man was arrested for obstructing officers and underage consumption of alcohol at the 700 block of South Sixth Street early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, police stopped to check on the man’s welfare when they realized he was in a scuffle with other people.

Police confiscated a bag of suspected cannabis from an 18-year-old man at Barton Hall, 1205 S. Fourth St., early Sunday morning.

According to a police report, a resident reported suspected drug activity.

A 46-year-old man was arrested for a warrant at the University’s Division of Public Safety Building, 1110 W. Springfield Ave., early Sunday night.

According to a police report, the man was doing pre-employment fingerprinting when it was discovered he had a warrant for his arrest.

A greenhouse window was broken at the Office of Research Plant Sciences Lab, 1202 Dorner Drive, sometime Saturday afternoon.

According to a police report, two plants and a glass beaker were removed from inside, but later discovered outside.