Stake out secluded study spot

Stake out secluded study spot

By Natalie Carino

Red Herring Restaurant

Located at the corner of Oregon and Matthews streets, the Red Herring is open 7 to 11 p.m., Sunday through Tuesday. It offers a quiet place to study with $1 bottomless cups of coffee and $.50 cups of tea.

ACES Library & Information Center

Located at 1101 S. Goodwin St., the newly built ACES library offers more study space when the Undergraduate Library is full. The library features wireless connection and has extended hours for finals week – May 5, 8:30 a.m. to midnight, May 6, 10 a.m. to midnight, May 7, 1 p.m. to midnight and May 8-11, 8:30 a.m. to midnight.

Moonstruck Chocolate Cafe

This coffee house located at Wright and Green streets features an upstairs section with many tables to study. Moonstruck also has a variety of chocolate and coffee drinks to give you the caffeine to pull those all-nighters.

Illini Union Courtyard Cafe

Located in the Union, the Courtyard Cafe offers a vast amount of tables and booths. The Courtyard also has multiple outlets to plug in laptops. It is a great place to have group study sessions.

Folletts Bookstore

Folletts Bookstore is located at the corner of Wright and Green streets. While the lower level has items for sale, the upper level has a great view of the Alma Mater and is filled with couches and tables ideal for studying.