Police blotter

By Sky Opila

• A 20-year-old woman reported battery at the 1500 block of East Washington Avenue late Friday night.

According to a police report, an unknown offender pulled out the woman’s hair in a gas station parking lot.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 63-year-old woman and a 71-year-old man reported residential burglary at the 2900 block of Rutherford Drive late Friday night.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered the residence and stole several items. Many of the items were recovered.

• A 25-year-old man was arrested for having a valid warrant for his arrest at the zero block of Race Street late Friday night.

According to a police report police learned the man had a warrant during a suspicious person stop.

• A 21-year-old woman was arrested on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and driving without headlights at the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the woman was stopped for driving without headlights and officers detected a strong odor of alcohol on her breath. The woman also showed signs of impairment and failed sobriety tests.

• A 37-year-old woman was arrested on charges of trespassing at the 1700 block of East Colorado Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the woman would not leave the home of a 43-year-old woman.

• A 15-year-old boy was issued a juvenile appointment on charges of possession of cannabis and possession of drug equipment at the 1000 block of South Race Street early Friday afternoon.

According to a police report, police seized the illegal items.

• A 26-year-old man reported battery at the 600 block of Cunningham Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender struck the man in the face.

• A 28-year-old man was arrested on charges of aggravated battery at Carle Hospital, 611 W. Park St., early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the man was taken to the hospital. While there, the man battered a 26-year-old woman and a 24-year-old woman. The man was then placed in restraints and taken to jail.

• A bus stop was reportedly damaged at the 1000 block of South Lincoln Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender used unknown means to break the glass on a bus shelter.

• A business was reportedly damaged at the 200 block of North Broadway Avenue sometime between late Friday night and early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender spray painted the side of the building with gray and silver paint.

• A 21-year-old man reported aggravated robbery at the 700 block of South Busey Avenue early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, two unknown offenders pointed handguns at the man and forced him to relinquish his wallet.

• Two 19-year-old men were arrested on charges of trespassing at the 200 block of Griggs Street early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, officer responded to a burglary in progress. They found the two men on the roof of a building owned by Carle Foundation Hospital. The two men said they were drinking beer on the roof.

• An 18-year-old man was arrested on charges of possessing drug equipment at the 1500 block of East Washington Street late Saturday night.

According to a police report, police searched the man during a suspicious person stop and discovered drug equipment in the man’s pocket.

• A 33-year-old woman, a 28-year-old man and a 31-year-old man reported battery and trespassing at the 1300 block of Ivanhoe Way late Saturday night.

According to a police report, a 28-year-old man entered the 33-year-old woman’s residence looking for the 31-year-old man. The man battered the 31-year-old man and the 28-year-old man before fleeing the scene.

• A 22-year-old woman and a 22-year-old man reported battery at the 500 block of South Busey Avenue late Saturday night.

According to a police report, two unknown offenders called the man’s girlfriend a vulgar name. The man was then reportedly battered when he went to confront the offenders, and the woman was reportedly battered while trying to break the disturbance up.

Compiled by Sky Opila