Briefs: Online contest offers chance to win $20,000

By Bridget Maiellaro

Apartments.com, an online apartment listing service, is offering collectors of any kind to enter its first Possession Obsession Contest and have the chance to win $20,000.

Each contestant must send in a one- to two-minute video that shows their “Possession Obsession.” Each entry should include how the collection began and what funny situations he or she has encountered because of the collection. Videos may be submitted online at the contest Web site, www.apartments.com/possessionobsession.

Provena to feature speaker on cardiovascular health

Provena will be hosting “Living Healthy in a Doublecheeseburger.com World,” as a way to help residents reduce their risk of heart disease. The free program will feature Joe Piscatella, president of the Institute for Fitness and Health. Piscatella, a frequent guest on CNN, The Today Show and Good Morning America, will be available for autographs after the program.

The program will be held Tuesday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m. at The Vineyard Church, 1500 N. Lincoln Ave.

Web site aimed at helping students with depression

Steve Case, co-founder of AOL and Revolution Heath chairman, recently launched a Web site to help college students deal with being apart from their families and handle depression.

The new section of RevolutinHealth.com, “College Health Center,” will provide information on mental and sexual heath, relationships, healthy lifestyle choices and personal safety.

A live question and answer session will be held Thursday, Sept. 6 at 3 p.m. Central time to discuss the new college health center and Case’s overall vision for combining health information with a social network.