Police report

By Angelina Cole

• A 21-year-old man and a 20-year-old man reported robbery at the 1500 block of Kiler Drive, Tuesday night.

According to a police report, the two victims were robbed by two unknown offenders a few minutes apart. The offenders took three cell phones and some cash from the victims and then fired a shot through a door, which injured a 46-year-old man.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 46-year-old homeless man was issued a notice to appear in court for possession of alcohol on public property at the Champaign Public Library, 505 S. Randolph St., Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, a security officer observed the offender drinking a can of beer in the restroom.

• A 67-year-old woman reported burglary from her motor vehicle at the 1500 block of Holly Hill Drive, Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered a motor home parked in her driveway and took three blankets, an electric crock pot, a 12-inch electric skillet, a quilt and various dry and canned goods from the premises.

No arrests had bee made at the time of the report.

• A 53-year-old Sidney man reported theft at the 2000 block of Vawter Street, Tuesday evening.

According to a police report, the victim was doing construction work in an apartment common area when an unknown offender removed a 14-inch metal chop saw from the area.

• A 49-year-old woman reported identity theft at the 500 block of Green Street, Tuesday evening.

According to a police report, an unknown offender used the victim’s ID to buy a car.

• A 23-year-old woman reported criminal damage to property at the 400 block of Fairlawn Drive, Tuesday.

According to a police report, an unknown offender tried to enter the victim’s apartment by ramming the front door. No entry to the apartment was gained.

• The Urbana Police Department was contacted for a found firearm at Victory Park, located at the intersection of Green and Lynn streets, Wednesday afternoon,

According to a police report, a .25 caliber handgun with a loaded magazine was found near a fence in the park.

• An 18-year-old Rantoul woman reported burglary from her motor vehicle at the 1600 block of Smith Road, Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took a purse, two credit cards, a checkbook, an ID, cash and an unspecified amount of makeup and perfume from the vehicle.

• A 67-year-old Decatur man reported criminal damage to property at the 800 block of Lincoln Avenue, Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the victim was driving northbound on Lincoln Avenue when his vehicle was shot with an air rifle by an unknown offender. No injuries were sustained from the incident.

• A 45-year-old man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at the intersection of Main and Smith streets, Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, the offender’s vehicle was stopped for a traffic violation and his driver’s license was suspended. The offender was found to be in possession of suspected crack cocaine, cannabis and drug equipment.

• A 44-year-old woman reported criminal damage to property at the 1800 block of James Cherry Drive, Wednesday night.

According to a police report, an unknown offender threw a chair through the victim’s van window, breaking it.

• A 29-year-old Washington, Ill., woman reported theft, Tuesday.

According to a police report, an unknown offender used the victim’s credit card to make unauthorized purchases over the Internet after she used it to pay for services at the Small Animal Clinic, 2001 S. Lincoln Ave., Oct. 17 and Nov. 21. The three unauthorized purchases made Saturday, Monday and Tuesday totaled $802.74.