Police reports

By Angelina Cole

• A 36-year-old woman, a 32-year-old woman and a 57-year-old man were arrested at the 1500 block of North Prospect Avenue, Monday night.

According to a police report, the 57-year-old man was found to be driving with a suspended license and in possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop. The 36-year-old woman was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and a controlled substance. The 32-year-old woman was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and for having an active warrant.

• A 37-year-old man was arrested for not having a valid driver’s license at the intersection of Bradley and Prospect avenues, Sunday night.

According to a police report, the offender was stopped for not displaying a traffic signal.

• A 32-year-old man reported criminal damage to property at the 400 block of West White Street, Sunday morning.

According to a police report, an unknown offender kicked three doors of the victim’s vehicle and damaged them.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report

• .
  • A 20-year-old man was issued a notice to appear in court at the 1100 block of South Second Street early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, the offender was intoxicated and attempted to enter apartments that were not his. He was also found to be in possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A 36-year-old man was arrested for criminal damage to property at the 300 block of Briar Lane early Wednesday morning.

According to a police report, the offender broke a window of a 47-year-old woman’s residence.

• A 19-year-old woman reported burglary from her motor vehicle at the 200 block of East Green Street, Monday evening.

According to a police report, an unknown offender broke out the driver’s side window and stole a bag of change.

• A 47-year-old woman was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at the 100 block of North McKinley Avenue, Tuesday evening.

According to a police report, an officer conducted a traffic stop and found the offender to be driving with a suspended license and operating an uninsured vehicle. The offender was also found to be in possession of cannabis.

• Wal Mart, 2610 N. Prospect Ave., reported retail theft Friday morning.

According to a police report, a 29-year-old man took a flannel sheet set, a printer, a printer cartridge, two blank CDs, a hard drive and a headset from the business and proceeded to the self-checkout. The offender failed to ring up the items before leaving the store.

• A 61-year-old man reported arson at the 1100 block of North Fifth Street early Tuesday morning.

According to a police report, the fire department was called for a report of a truck on fire. A Ford dump truck and a Chevy dump truck were burned.

• A 26-year-old man was cited for obstructing justice at the 1500 block of East Washington Street, Monday evening.

According to a police report, the offender lied to an officer about his identity, instead giving the name and date of birth of his younger brother when issued a city notice to appear in court. The offender’s brother does not live in the area and has not been in Urbana in the past two years.

• Mobil Super Pantry, 810 W. Green St., reported theft Tuesday afternoon.

According to a police report, a 20-year-old man described as “goth” entered the business and stole a pack of strawberry-flavored cigars before fleeing.

• A 25-year-old woman was issued a notice to appear in court at the intersection of Fairview Drive and Goodwin Avenue, Tuesday evening.

According to a police report, an officer stopped the offender’s vehicle for a traffic violation. The offender could not provide insurance and a K-9 unit alerted to drugs in the vehicle. The officer searched the vehicle and located cannabis.

• Officers confiscated suspected cannabis from Blaisdell Hall, 901 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Tuesday evening.

According to a police report, a staff member reported suspected drug activity in one of the rooms. A smoking pipe was also confiscated.

Compiled by Angelina Cole