Police report

By Eric Anderson

• An employee at Colonial Pantry, 811 W. Springfield Ave., reported theft Friday night.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect drove off without paying for fuel. An employee obtained the license plate number for the offender’s vehicle.

No arrests had been made at the time of the report.

• A juvenile reported theft at Central High School, 610 W. University Ave., early Saturday morning.

According to a police report, unknown suspects stole a Nintendo DS portable video game system after the victim set it down during a school sporting event.

• A 19-year-old woman reported damage to two vehicles at the 1600 block of Mayfair Road, Saturday night.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect broke the driver’s side windows of two of the victim’s vehicles.

• A 52-year-old woman reported property damage at the 1800 block of Clover Lane, Friday night.

According to a police report, unknown suspects shot the front window of the victim’s home with a BB gun, leaving a small hole in the glass.

• A 34-year-old man reported vehicular theft at the parking lot of Lowe’s, 1904 N. Prospect Ave, Friday night.

According to a police report, the victim parked his 1989 Chevy car at work on the far end of the lot. When he returned to his parking spot, the vehicle was gone. The vehicle was later found unoccupied in Ohio.

• A 26-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman reported residential burglary at the 1000 block of West Bradley Avenue, Friday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown suspect forced entry into the residence by breaking a bathroom window. The suspect stole a PlayStation 2, an 18-inch silver necklace, a portable DVD player and an MP3 player.

• A 42-year-old woman was arrested for an in-state warrant at the 700 block of East Main Street, Sunday.

According to a police report, the offender was known to have a warrant and was arrested at her last known address. The offender was arrested on the warrant.

• A 25-year-old woman reported damage to her vehicle at the 1000 block of East Kerr Avenue, Sunday afternoon.

According to a police report, an unknown offender broke the windshield of the victim’s vehicle some time Saturday night.

• A 20-year-old man and four 20-year-old women and were arrested for underage alcohol consumption at the 300 block of North Lincoln Avenue late Saturday night.

According to a police report, the five offenders were arrested for the illegal purchase, possession and consumption of alcohol.

• A 48-year-old woman was helped by an officer at the 300 block of West Griggs Street late Sunday night.

According to a police report, the victim has a heart condition and is not supposed to consume alcohol. The victim consumed large amounts of alcohol and was taken to the hospital.

• A 31-year-old man was arrested for attempted theft, intimidation and obstructing an officer at the Independent Media Center, 202 S. Broadway Ave., Sunday night.

According to a police report, the offender attempted to steal an IBM ThinkPad laptop but was confronted, and he tried to hide the computer. When the offender was found in possession of a piece of the computer, he proceeded to resist officers’ efforts to detain him, making threats to the officers regarding their personal safety.

State

• A 21-year-old man was arrested for possession of cannabis and other drug paraphernalia at milepost 260 near Paxton on I-57 going northbound, Wednesday afternoon.

According to a police report, an Illinois State Police trooper on patrol clocked a vehicle traveling 80 mph in a posted 65 mph zone. The vehicle passed the squad car and the trooper conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle.

While speaking with the man and the passenger, the trooper smelled burnt cannabis. The trooper found a glass pipe for smoking cannabis and a small amount of cannabis on the offender. The offender was transported to the Ford County Jail for processing. The passenger was released from the scene.