Odds and Ends: Bubble show can go on for New York artist

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK – An off-Broadway artist can breathe a sigh of relief now that he’s been able to replace the stolen soap solution he uses to blow bubbles for his “Gazillion Bubbles Show.”

Fan Yang feared the bubble might have burst for his show in June when someone stole 3.4 tons of the specialized solution, which takes months to make.

Thousands of toys also went missing from his Hoboken, N.J., warehouse.

But a show spokesman says new toys and solution to make the air-filled globes of soapy film arrived from Hong Kong a few weeks ago.

He says Yang now has enough bubble solution to run his holiday show and keep going through next year.

Yang’s interactive show features dazzling light effects, lasers and lots of bubbles – some so intricate or big they have smoke or other bubbles inside of them. And some of the bubbles even appear to have people inside them.

Woman, 89, faces charges for keeping kids’ football

BLUE ASH, Ohio – Police in Ohio say an 89-year-old woman is facing a charge of petty theft because neighborhood children accuse her of refusing to give back their football.

Edna Jester was arrested last week in the Cincinnati, Ohio suburb of Blue Ash.

Police say one child’s father complained that Jester kept the youngsters’ ball after it landed in her yard.

Police Capt. James Schaffer says there has been an ongoing dispute in the neighborhood over kids’ balls landing in the woman’s yard.

Jester said Monday she has received many calls and didn’t have time to discuss the matter any more.

Jester is to appear in court next month.

The maximum penalty for a petty theft conviction in Ohio is six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

From Associated Press reports