Odds and Ends: Police ticket participants of annual Naked Pumpkin Run

BOULDER, Colo. – Boulder police have ticketed about a dozen people running naked on the street while sporting freshly gutted pumpkins on their heads as part of an annual Halloween event.

The citations for indecent exposure Friday night came as dozens of other costumed revelers chanted to police officers to let go of the streakers and “find real criminals.”

The event known in Boulder as the Naked Pumpkin Run has been held for 10 years. This year it drew a huge crowd, prompting concern from police.

Parents support Obama? Sorry, you don’t get treats

GROSSE POINTE FARMS, Michigan – A woman refused Halloween candy to children whose parents support Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Shirley Nagel passed out candy Friday, but only to those who shared her support for Republican presidential candidate John McCain.

Television station WJBK says a sign posted outside Nagel’s house in suburban Detroit said: “No handouts for Obama supporters, liars, tricksters or kids of supporters.”

When asked about children who were turned away empty-handed, she said: “Oh well. Everybody has a choice.”

Couple travels 9,300 miles from India to cast their vote

NEW YORK – A New York City couple has traveled halfway around the world in the name of civic duty.

Susan Scott-Ker and her husband arrived in New York on Wednesday after flying 9,300 miles to vote in Tuesday’s presidential election.

They have been working in India but decided to return to New York when their absentee ballots failed to arrive.

It will be their first time voting in a presidential election. The New Zealand-born Scott-Ker and her Morroco-born husband became citizens a year ago.

From Associated Press reports