Odds and Ends: Easy to spot pot nets charges in Sheboygan robbery

By The Associated Press

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. – A 28-year-old man reporting a burglary faces drug charges after responding officers say they found a marijuana pipe in his bedroom.

A criminal complaint filed Tuesday says officers saw the pipe in plain view in Justin Luecke’s bedroom and found marijuana stems and seeds in the living room.

The complaint says officers later returned with a search warrant and found additional marijuana as well as a scale and marijuana packaging.

Luecke faces charges of felony marijuana possession and several misdemeanor counts. He could face up to 26 months behind bars, if convicted on all counts.

Police: NY hoops player caught stealing condoms

VESTAL, N.Y. – Binghamton University officials have suspended a basketball player who police say stole a box of condoms from an upstate New York Wal-Mart.

Police arrested 20-year-old Malik Alvin on charges of assault and shoplifting, both misdemeanors.

Police say Alvin was confronted by security guards at a Wal-Mart in Vestal on Oct. 26 when he tried to take a box of 36 condoms without paying for them. As he tried to run from the store, Alvin collided with a 66-year-old customer, knocking her to the floor. The woman suffered a concussion.

Binghamton coach Kevin Broadus is not commenting on the case. When the matter is resolved, Alvin may apply for reinstatement to the team, according to John Hartrick, associate athletic director for communications at BU.

According to the university’s Web site, Alvin is a cousin of the late Walter Payton, an NFL Hall of Fame running back for the Chicago Bears. Alvin is listed on the 2008-09 men’s roster as a 6-foot, 165-pound junior from Philadelphia who transferred to Binghamton during the summer from Chipola College.

From Associated Press reports