Blotter 06/06/2011

*Champaign*

– A 19-year-old male was issued a warning for having his headlight out and a notice to appear for possession of cannabis at the 600 block of East University Avenue on May 30.

According to the report, the subject was stopped for having his headlight out and, during the stop, cannabis was found inside the vehicle.

– Theft of motor vehicle parts was reported at Fifth Street and Springfield Avenue on May 27.

According to the report, an unknown suspect stole the rear license plate off the victim’s vehicle while it was parked in the parking lot.

– Robbery was reported at the 100 block of North Fifth Street on Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim was beaten and robbed by two unidentified suspects. The victim’s wallet and keys were taken, and his dog was lost during the attack.

– Criminal defacement of property was reported at the 600 block of East Armory Avenue on May 29.

According to the report, an unknown suspect used red spray paint to damage the front of a church.

*Urbana*

-Criminal damage to property was reported at the 500 block of South Busey Avenue on May 30.

According to the report, an unknown offender used a rock to break a glass door of an apartment building.

*University*

– A 20-year-old male was arrested Wednesday for driving under the influence of alcohol and leaving the scene of the accident at Green and Fourth streets in Champaign.

According to the report, the suspect’s car struck a taxi. Officers at a traffic stop at Neil and Green streets in Champaign reported seeing and hearing the suspect’s car headed westbound on Green. One of the officers pursued the suspect to 606 S. Prairie St., where he was stopped and arrested.

– A 35-year-old male, of Danville, was arrested for driving with a suspended license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at the intersection of Goodwin Avenue and Main Street on Thursday.

-Theft was reported at the Illinois Program for Research in the Humanities, 805 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Urbana, on June 3.

According to the report, seven copper downspouts valued at $500 were taken from the building sometime between May 20 and June 1.

-Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201. E. Peabody Drive, Champaign, on Wednesday.

According to the report, a male student reported that his wallet, with IDs and a debit card, was taken from a locker in the weight room area sometime between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. A female student reported that her purse, containing credit cards and ID, was stolen from an unlocked locker in the basement women’s locker room sometime between 2 and 5 p.m.

_Compiled by Brynn Twait_