College of Law publishes corrected class profile

By Hannah Meisel

The corrected College of Law class of 2014 profile was posted Monday on the college’s website, following the initial steps of an inquiry into the accuracy of the data originally posted in August.

The corrected data, as found by the law firm Jones Day and the data analysis firm Duff & Phelps, is actually 163 as the median LSAT score, and 3.70 as the median GPA. The previously reported data incorrectly stated the median LSAT score as 168, and the median GPA as 3.81.

The inquiry, which began after the University Ethics Office had received a tip about the possible inaccuracy of the data, will continue to ensure all other information, including class profiles from previous years, has been reported accurately.

“The key first step was to verify the accurate numbers and get those out to the public,” said University spokesman Tom Hardy.

Class of 2014 information was removed from the College of Law’s website. The profile for the class of 2013 was also removed, but reported the median LSAT score as 167 and the median GPA as 3.8.

Data previously available on the College of Law’s website reported the class of 2012’s median LSAT as 166 and the median GPA as 3.8. The class of 2011 data stated the median LSAT score as 166 also, and the median GPA as 3.59.