Police blotter 1/30/2012

h2. Urbana

– A theft was reported on Sunday just after 8 p.m. in the 400 block of Chalmers Street. According to the report, a license plate was stolen from the victim’s vehicle.

– A theft was reported on Sunday just after midnight in the 300 block of Green Street. According to the report, the victim reported his wallet was stolen while attending a party.

h2. Champaign

– An arrest was made on Sunday just after 10 a.m. in the 2100 block of First Street. According to the report, the 22-year-old man was

arrested on an outstanding warrant.

– A battery was reported on Sunday just after midnight at Red Lion in the 200 block of Green Street. According to the report, the subject was issued a city NTA for battery.

– A criminal damage to property was reported on Sunday just after 10

p.m. in the 100 block of Daniel Street. According to the report, an

unknown subject damaged the victim’s window.

– A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on Sunday just after 1 p.m. in the 200 block of University Avenue. According to the report, an unknown subject burglarized the victim’s car while parked in the lot.

h2. University

– A U. of I. student was arrested on Sunday just after 7 p.m. at

Snyder Hall, 206 E. Peabody Drive for possession of cannabis and for

possession of drug paraphernalia.

– A U. of I. student reported a theft on Saturday just after 8 p.m. at Campus Recreation Center East, 1102 W. Gregory Drive. According to the report, the item stolen from a locker was a cell phone from a

estimated to have a value of $650.

– A St. Louis resident was arrested on Friday just after 11 p.m. in

the 500 block of East Green Street for driving under the influence of alcohol, driving without a valid license, driving with expired

registration and for an in-state warrant. According to the report, the arrestee was initially was pulled over for an expired license plate sticker.

– A U. of I. student reported a theft on Friday just after 5 p.m. at

the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive. According to the report, the stolen items were a wallet and a cellphone from a secured locker, estimated to value about $500.