Award-winning documentary coming to the Art Theater

The Bike Project of Urbana-Champaign and Champaign County Bikes are presenting the award-winning documentary Bicycle Dreams at the Art Theater on Wednesday at 7 p.m.

Bicycle Dreams is a full-length film that focuses on the challenges that the riders of Race Across America face during their 3,000 mile journey from Oceanside, Calif., to Annapolis, Md. The film focuses on the strategy surrounding the trek and follows the riders through their triumphs and struggles.

The film has received numerous awards at film festivals across the world including Fallbrook Film Festival and the All Sports LA film festival. At the Krasnogorski International Festival of Sports Films in Moscow, Bicycle Dreams won Best Foreign Film.

In addition to the awards, Bicycle Dreams has also received many positive reviews. Cycling-Review.com said, “Bicycle Dreams captures the human condition like few other films.” Bicycle Touring Pro called Bicycle Dreams “beautiful, though provoking, exciting, emotional and scary.” Playground Magazine and The Matador Network even named the film one of the top 10 adventure films of all time.

Tickets for the show are $15 at the door and $11 in advance. Advance tickets can be bought “here”:http://www.imathlete.com/events/bicycledreams. The Art Theater is located at 126 West Church Street in Champaign.