Urbana issues liquor sale rules for Unofficial

Zoe Grant The Daily Illini Outside White Horse Inn on Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day on March 1st, 2013.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Urbana Mayor Laurel Prussing issued an emergency order signed on Feb. 26 in relation to liquor sales in Urbana during Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day. Unofficial is scheduled to take place from March 7-9.

Businesses with a bar or restaurants with a liquor license (Class A)  — between the boundaries of Oregon Street, W. Nevada Street, S. Goodwin Avenue and Lincoln Avenue  — are:

Prohibited from serving or allowing the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages between 6 to 11 a.m. on March 7.

Prohibited from serving pitchers of alcoholic beverages between 11 a.m. on March 7 to 2:30 a.m. on March 8.

Prohibited from serving alcoholic beverages in glass or metal containers between 11 a.m. on March 7 to 2:30 a.m. on March 8.

Prohibited from allowing individuals under the age of 21 onto the premises between 6 a.m. on March 7 and 9 p.m. After 9 p.m. 18-20 year-olds will be allowed to enter.

License holders will also be required to have at least one employee at all public entrances to check the IDs of all patrons entering the premises during business hours beginning on March 7 until 2:30 a.m. on March 9. Employees performing checks must be at least 21 years old at that time.