Police blotter for Oct. 12, 2015

By Ali Braboy

• Criminal damage to property and domestic battery was reported around 1:10 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of Alabama Avenue. According to the report, the suspect battered the victim and damaged the victim’s vehicle.
  • Residential burglary was reported around 2:10 p.m. Friday in the 2100 block of Galen Drive. According to the report, the suspect burglarized the victim’s residence.

• A 43-year-old Champaign woman was arrested around 3 a.m. Friday near Green and Wright streets for driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the report, her vehicle was stopped initially for not using a turning signal.
  • A 20-year-old male University student was arrested around 11:30 p.m. Thursday near Green and First streets for driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia, failure to signal a turn and improper lane usage. According to the report, the student was initially stopped for not using a turning signal.

• Retail theft was reported around 9 a.m. Saturday at Circle K, 809 W. Green St. According to the report, the offender pumped gas and failed to pay for the gas before leaving.
  • A domestic dispute was reported around 12:30 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Crystal Lake Drive. According to the report, the victim and offender are in a dating relationship and the incident involved verbal domestic dispute.

Compiled by Ali Braboy