Wise and Adesida to return to faculty

Kelly+Hickey+The+Daily+Illini%0DChancellor+Phyllis+Wise+receives+a+rose+on+Wednesday%2C+from+a+student+in+honor+of+her+one-year+anniversary+as+Chancellor+on+this+campus.+Wise+was+greeted+by+sixty+students+with+roses%2C+spanning+from+the+Illini+Union+to+the+the+Swanlund+Administration+Building.+

Photographer: Kelly Hickey

Kelly Hickey The Daily Illini Chancellor Phyllis Wise receives a rose on Wednesday, from a student in honor of her one-year anniversary as Chancellor on this campus. Wise was greeted by sixty students with roses, spanning from the Illini Union to the the Swanlund Administration Building.

By Ali Braboy

Following the resignation of former Chancellor Phyllis Wise and former Provost Ilesanmi Adesida, the two science-based administrators chose to return to the University faculty.

As a faculty member, Wise will earn a total of $298,926 per year as a professor of animal sciences in ACES and a professor of molecular and cellular biology in LAS.

When the Carle-Illinois College of Medicine is complete, Wise will also serve as a professor of medical molecular integrative physics and as a professor of obstetrics and gynecology.

Adesida will earn $460,416 per year as a researcher for the University. Adesida will serve as a professor for the Coordinated Science Lab in Engineering, a Willett professor of electrical and computer engineering, a professor in materials science and engineering and as a professor in the Micro and Nanotechnology Lab in Engineering.

Bill Bell, executive director for marketing and communications in Engineering, said Adesida will not teach courses next semester; instead, he will conduct research on campus and internationally.

It isn’t unusual for senior administrators to return to faculty positions and continue teaching, said Robin Kaler, campus spokeswoman. She said Wise and Adesida met with the deans and department heads to discuss which positions would be of the “best use to helping the University fulfill its mission.”

She said their salaries were determined when the University originally hired them.