Tatyana McFadden breaks NYC Marathon women's wheelchair course record

Anthony+Souffle+tribune+news+service%0AParalympic+Tatyana+McFadden+lifts+her+body+weight+during+a+recovery+session+after+racing+in+the+U.S.+Paralympics+Nordic+Skiing+National+Championships%2C+January+2014%2C+at+the+National+Ability+Center+in+Park+City%2C+Utah.+At+right+is+teammate+Beth+Requist.+

MCT

Anthony Souffle tribune news service Paralympic Tatyana McFadden lifts her body weight during a recovery session after racing in the U.S. Paralympics Nordic Skiing National Championships, January 2014, at the National Ability Center in Park City, Utah. At right is teammate Beth Requist.

For the third consecutive year, Tatyana McFadden swept four major marathons — London, Boston, Chicago and New York.

The University alumna defeated the New York City Marathon women’s wheelchair course record on Sunday, with a time of 1 hour, 43 minutes, 4 seconds.

McFadden beat Amanda McGrory’s 2011 record by seven minutes and 20 seconds.

This Grand Slam tops off a series of accomplishments for McFadden since her first marathon win in Chicago in 2009. McFadden was the first athlete — able-bodied or otherwise — to win all four major marathons in the same year, and has 11 medals as a four-time U.S. Paralympian in track and Nordic skiing.