UPDATE: Parkland College evacuated after threat

UPDATE: (7 p.m.) No bomb was found on the Parkland College campus following the investigation Thursday. The college will remain closed for Thursday evening and will reopen Friday morning at 6 a.m. 

UPDATE: (2 p.m.) Pat Wade, University of Illinois Police Department spokesman, said the UIPD does not have reason to believe there is any threat associated with the threat at Parkland College.

“The threat that started everything this morning was directed directly at Parkland College” Wade said. ”We are always monitoring social media as well as the general public for different things that may be a threat to our university and we have not found anything like that.”

UPDATE: (12 p.m.)The Parkland College campus was evacuated due to a bomb threat, according to a press release from the college. Patrons of the Parkland Child Development Center have been relocated to Champaign Park District’s Eisner Park.

The Champaign County Sheriffs’ Department is on the college campus with a bomb-detecting dog and additional resources are being brought in from the Secretary of State’s office and the City of Decatur, IL.

According to the release, the process typically takes several hours.

***

The Parkland College campus was evacuated around 10:20 a.m. Thursday morning after receiving a security threat.

A reddit post that has since been deleted read, “Bomb. Parkland college. 11 am.”

Patty Lehn, Parkland media contact, said the campus administrators and security are “erring on the side of caution” after receiving the threat. However Lehn said she could not yet disclose the nature of the threat. Lehn said more updates can be expected within the hour.