Police blotter for Jan. 21, 2016

• Theft was reported in the 100 block of North Walnut Street around 8 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, the victim left his vehicle unattended, running and unlocked outside of a bar. When he returned the vehicle was gone. The vehicle was recovered down the street with no damage done to it. 

• A 29-year-old male was arrested on the charge of possession of cannabis near the intersection of Bradley Avenue and Walnut Street around 11:30 p.m. Saturday.

According to the report, the offender’s vehicle was originally stopped for disobeying a stop sign. During the stop, the officer discovered cannabis in the vehicle. 

• Theft occurred at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, sometime between 6:15 and 8 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, the items, which were secured in a locker with a lock, have an estimated value of $265. 

• A 19-year-old male was arrested on the charge of retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 5 p.m. Tuesday. 

According to the report, store security personnel called the police after the man attempted to leave without paying for a textbook with a retail value of $159.75.

• A burglary was reported in the 1300 block of Montgomery Street around 9:45 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender forced entry into the victim’s residence and opened several drawers. 

• Theft was reported in the 1900 block of Federal Drive around 2:15 p.m. Tuesday. 

According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen at a local business.