Police Blotter for August 31, 2016

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime News Editor

• A 27-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 600 block of South Duncan Road around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to the report, the offender battered the victim and was subsequently arrested on the charges of domestic battery and aggravated assault.
• Attempted forgery was reported at Village Pantry, 1201 N. Mattis Ave., around 10 p.m. Monday.
According to the report, the offender attempted to get change for a fraudulent $100 bill.

• An 18-year-old male was issued a state notice at Nugent Hall, 207 East Gregory Drive, around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to the report, the offender was issued a state notice to appear for possession of less than 10 grams of cannabis.
• A theft was reported at Activities and Recreation Center, 201 East Peabody Drive, around 10:00 p.m. on Saturday.
According to the report, a pair of athletic shorts were stolen from an unlocked locker in the men’s locker room of the ARC. The shorts also contained a University staff member’s identification card. The total value of the stolen items is around $35.

• A battery was reported in the 2000 block of Vawter around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to the report, the identities of the offender and victim are both unknown as the victim did not wish to be victimized and was uncooperative.
• A burglary was reported in the 500 block of West Elm Street around 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
According to the report, an unidentified offender broke into the victim’s locked apartment and stole some computer accessories and household goods.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning