Police blotter for September 15, 2016

Daily Illini File Photo

Police officers stand at the corner of Green St. and Sixth St., monitoring the students.

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

•Burglary was reported in the 900 block of Locust Street around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, an unknown offender burglarized the victim’s apartment of items including a laptop and wallet.

•Domestic battery was reported in the 100 block of East John Street around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the report, officers responded to a fight involving roommates. No arrests were made.

•A 38-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery in the 1800 block of Orchard Place around 12:00 a.m. Wednesday.

According to the report, police officers had been called to the scene after someone had reported hearing shouting suggestive of domestic violence.

•A hit and run was reported on University Avenue around 11 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, the offender struck the victim’s vehicle and left the scene prior to police arrival. The offender was knowingly driving their car under old license plates.

•A 46-year-old male was arrested for retail theft in the 100 block of High Cross Road around 4 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, the offender stole eight items from the Wal-Mart, passing all points of sale without paying.

Compiled by Vivienne Henning