Police Blotter for September 19, 2016

By Vivienne Henning, Assistant Daytime Editor

A residential burglary was reported in the 2000 block of West Bradley Avenue around 7 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the victim said they woke up to find three black males inside their apartment, claiming they were looking for a party. After they left, the victim discovered that they had taken some electronic equipment.

A residential burglary was reported in the 1800 block of Valley Road around 8 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender forced entry into the victim’s apartment and stole several items including an electronic gaming system, several televisions and a speaker.

A theft was reported in the 700 block of South Mattis Avenue around 2 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the unidentified offender stole cleaning supplies from the victim’s unlocked apartment.

A 20-year-old male was arrested on the charge of possessing a lost credit card at the University of Illinois Public Safety Building, in the 1100 block of West Springfield Avenue, around 11:30 p.m. on Monday.

According to the report, on Monday the victim reported several unauthorized charges had been made to their lost credit card at a bar in the 200 block of East Green Street. Police then contacted others involved, and after gathering information they then brought the offender in for questioning.

A 35-year-old female was arrested on the charge of driving under the influence of drugs near the corner of Windsor Road and Lincoln Avenue around 5 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the offender was additionally arrested on the charges of failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident and not having proof of insurance. The offender admitted to taking prescription medication to officers after they questioned the offender about the crash. There are no reported injuries and the estimated cost to repair both cars is around $10,000.

An 18-year-old male was arrested on the charge of domestic battery near Sixth Street and Gregory Drive around 10 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the University was called to a residence hall in response to a domestic incident.

An identity theft was reported in the 100 block of South Lincoln Avenue around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the victim’s credit card information was used without their permission by an unknown victim.

A case of criminal damage to property at the Sunnycrest Mall in the 1700 block of Philo Road around 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the unidentified offender had broken the glass window to the front door of the vacant business.

A theft was reported in the 800 block of West Pennsylvania Avenue around 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the unknown offender had stolen the victim’s political signs and cast iron bench from their front lawn.
Compiled by Vivienne Henning