Police blotter for Sept. 28, 2016

By Aaron Navarro, Assistant Daytime News Editor

• Aggravated battery was reported in the 300 block of East Green Street around 12:00 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, multiple attackers beat and stomped the victim until he became unresponsive. The victim was then taken to the hospital. The suspects have not been located.

• A 22-year-old male was arrested on an aggravated assault charge in the 100 block of West White Street around 11 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, the suspect threatened the victim with a pitchfork after a verbal confrontation. The suspect was then located and arrested.

• A 43-year-old man was arrested on multiple charges in the 1500 block of North Prospect Avenue around 3 p.m. Friday.

According to the report, the offender was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, driving under a revoked license and improper parking on broadway. His car was towed and impounded.

• Multiple burglaries were reported at Trelease Hall, 901 W. College Ct., around 2:30 p.m. on Monday.

According to the report, five University students reported their electronic items stolen from their rooms, which were left unlocked and unattended. Security video showed four men entering the hall behind a student who just swiped his student ID to enter the building. The total estimated value of the items is $4,100. Police are continuing to investigate.

• A robbery was reported at Saunders Hall, 902 W. College Ct., between 1 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, a UI student reported that their video game console, which has an estimated value of $360, was stolen from their room. The room was left unlocked and unattended.

• A theft was reported in the 900 block of Maple Street around 4:30 p.m. Monday.

According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s unsecured bicycle while he was working at a nearby property.

• Vandalism was reported in the 1900 block of Cunningham Avenue around 8 a.m. Monday.

According to the report, after being arrested out of his same hotel room the night prior, the offender kicked open the hotel room door and damaged the frame. The offender then pulled and pushed away from the police as they were attempting to place them in handcuffs. The offender continued to be combative while being walked to the squad car and injured an officer, causing them to need to be transported to the hospital for treatment.

Compiled by Aaron Navarro