Police blotter for October 11, 2016

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sept. 23.

By Olivia Okocha, Contributing Writer

A case of criminal damage to property was reported in the 1300 block of North Market Street around 8:30 a.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the unknown offender caused criminal damage to the victim’s vehicle.

A burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., around 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the unidentified offender stole the victim’s handgun from their vehicle.

A case of fraud was reported in the 1600 block of South First Street around 1:30 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the victim said they paid $160 to a scalper for four fraudulent tickets to the Fighting Illini football game.

A case of sexual assault was reported to the University of Illinois Police Department around 6:00 p.m. on Thursday.

According to the report, the victim reported about a sexual assault that occurred on August 19 at a fraternity house. The offender was a person known to the victim.

A 20-year-old female and a 21-year-old female were arrested on the charge of retail theft at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Rd., around 3:30 p.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the two offenders had taken furnishings, valued to be under $500, from the Walmart without paying for the items. Both offenders have been issued notices to appear in court for theft.

A retail theft was reported at Shell, 1812 N. Cunningham Ave., around 8:30 a.m. on Sunday.

According to the report, the offender had pumped around $30 worth of gas into their vehicle without paying. Police reached out to the offender over the phone and they denied they were involved.
Compiled by Olivia Okocha