Free Reading Day activities provide stress relief

Daily Illini File Photo

Students pet one of the therapy dogs at the UGL during finals week for relaxation.

By Jessica Bursztynsky, Staff Reporter

The University is offering a variety of free activities and food for students on Thursday, Dec. 8 that aim to relieve finals stress.

The Activities and Recreation Center will be hosting activities from 1 to 4 p.m. Students can spend time with therapy dogs, particpate in coloring stations or make stress balls.

In addition, there will be free ice cream from Jarling’s Custard Cup and free food from OrderUp, as well as a chance to win gift cards from Pandamonium Donuts, Smoothie King and EatStreet.

There will also be a free stress-relieving yoga class from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in room MP6.

For those interested in staying on the Main Quad, the Illini Union will be hosting Reading Day events as well.

The Union will be opening additional rooms for students to study in throughout finals week, including room 104 and Illini Rooms A, B and C. Students can fuel up with a free extra shot of espresso in any Grande or Venti beverage at Starbucks located in the Courtyard Café, Illini Union Bookstore and Gregory Street from Dec. 8 to 17.

After studying, students can visit the Union’s Courtyard Cafe from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Finally Finals, an event hosted by the Illini Union Board.

There will be raffle prizes along with free chair massages and snacks for students.